I went for a run in the mountains behind where I live and found a stack of abandoned mines, old rusty mining equipment and these really run down concrete bunker type shelters there. Inside we're hundreds of empty coke cans and bottles, chip packets and the walls lined with the most amazing art I'd seen in ages. See, most people see graffiti and automatically think "rebellion" "delinquent" "criminal" "misfit" "antisocial" and all the usual stereotypes that go with youth culture. I came from pretty much that side of the tracks growing up so I probably have some sort of affinity to it by association but what I see is this... Some kid has taken the time to get hold of enough paint colours, imagined, planned, started, endured and completed their work of art that has no rules - no boundaries - no critiques and exists only for the purpose of expression. Now here's the good bit... Think about a rainbow for a second. What purpose does it serve apart from reminding us of Gods promise never to flood the world and to just look awesome?

They're always an amazing arc, they're always colorful and they always show up right after dreary downpour. To me - a rainbow is God's graffiti. It's His expression of mind blowing art simply because He can. So the next time you see graffiti, stop and think about the kid that did it. Yeah, they've probably got issues - probably a lot of them - but the truth is they are an amazing, intricate and immensely valued person loved by God. I got written off by many in my life as a waste of time, a rebel, a 2nd class bottom feeder but I know today they we're nothing short of dead wrong. God in His amazing mercy opened my eyes to the value I never knew existed and in doing that He helped me to see the hidden value in so many others I come across in life. God loves you. You're an amazing person and I can make that statement with absolute certainty because I don't even have to meet you to know its true. It's true of every single creation of God. It's true simply because God says so. Have an awesome day because God made you awesome! 

Need Prayer?