The Spirit of God led my spirit away in a vision to a wide open field. I stood in the middle. A gentle breeze blew across the long flowing green grass. He told me to turn and look to the edge of the field. "What do you see child?" He asked me in an calm yet authoritative voice. I looked and towards the tall wooden log fence I saw a large dark horse. As I studied its form and it's movements I could tell it was dangerous. It's movements were wild and abrupt. It seemed constantly agitated and furious at the same time. "Go closer and see..." The voice told me. As I moved towards the fearsome beast I saw it's eyes. Bright red and bloodshot, bulging from its head. It was truly terrifying to even be in proximity of this animal. It turned and stared at me in disgust stamping thunderously with it's hooves as if to warn me of it's murderous intent. "It's name is Chaos...a wild beast, untamed, savage and beyond reason..." the voice echoed over the now still air. "Now, turn and tell me what you see child..." I cautiously turned my back on this dark fiend and shifted my gaze across the field to the opposite corner. In the distance I could see another horse. From first glace it seemed unremarkable.


As I got closer I saw it was just a normal horse. It's eyes were closed as it stood in the shelter of a small stable. "Go and see..." The voice whispered in a welcoming tone. I slowly walked across the field and entered the old dusty stable. The horses eyes were still closed as it stood motionless - like it was waiting for something. As I got closer it moved its front hoof and gently shifted a wooden bucket towards me. I heard water inside sloshing to and fro. "Did it want me to wash it?" I asked myself. It nodded seemingly to be able to hear my thoughts. I gently grabbed a stiff bristled brush from the bucket and began to wash the sides and back of the horse. It remained perfectly calm the whole time. Motionless. Eyes closed. Waiting. As I finished washing the last inch of the horses front leg and it began to step out of the stable and into the sun. It walked several paces until fully bathed in the sunlight and then it paused just standing there... It turned it's head towards me opened it's eyelids to reveal perfect ethereal blue eyes that gazed deep within me. Then it reared up on it's hind legs and came crashing down to the earth sending every drop of water away from it in an explosion of power. I was totally dumfounded to see that the horse I first considered totally unremarkable now stood before me as a perfect white stallion.


I knew now this was no ordinary horse... this horse belonged to someone truly important. I knew immediately this horse belonged to the King. What happened next left me even more puzzled. This utterly majestic beast then looked at me again then lowered it's stance to a crouching position as if to invite me to climb atop it's back. There was no saddle. Nothing at all. Just a horse I'd never met and me. Yet it remained there. Patiently waiting for me to accept it's uncanny invitation. "What have you to fear child...?" The voice whispered as I slowly approached the white horse. I gently climbed onto it's back and took hold of it's neck trying my best to balance as it slowly returned to it's full posture. Something was different about this horse. It was like it was helping me to ride it. As my weight shifted to the left the horse adjusted it's upper muscles intuitively keeping me upright and in perfect balance. Strange. It was like nothing I'd ever felt before. A synchronicity not from this world. Then it stood there. Motionless again. Like it was waiting for something. I knew what it was waiting for now... me. I shifted my gaze from one corner of the field to the other and instantly the horse responded in a full gallop. It's speed and power was unmatched yet I felt completely safe and at peace.


"It's name is Serenity...." The voice echoed as I put it through it's paces. Nothing phased it. I looked towards the gated fence and immediately it realigned it's position and prepared itself to jump. "Would it even make it over that huge fence?" I thought but was proven absolutely wrong as it effortlessly sailed through the air clearing the fence with several inches to spare. Before me lay an open hillside scattered with rocks and small shrubs. The horse again waited motionless for my bidding. I gazed at a hilltop far in the distance and then uttered the words I was led to form "Ish... Naman... Kichto... Piras!" The horse began at first with a gallop but then unleashed it's full power and speed. I had never in my lifetime seen or felt anything like it. The world around me faded from colour to black and white and the outlines of everything heightened. Such ferocious world bending speed. It's hooves struck the ground in a unique and distinct rhythm that I could hear what could only be described as distant thunder trailing behind me. In only moments of my mind I was there on the hilltop... motionless. I looked down across a shadowed valley and saw hundreds of black horses. They looked exactly like the first one I saw but if it were possible even more menacing. On the opposite side of the valley I saw open fields.


I knew what I had to do. I had to pass through them. As I began my decent the dark horses immediately sensed my presence and began the chase. While my horse was graceful and fluid they were the complete opposite. Their overly muscular legs while enormously powerful seemed to hinder their speed somewhat. What they didn't have in speed though, they made up for in sheer madness and aggression. They charged entire trees sending them splintering and shattered large rocks in their stride. The ground was left split in a wake of destruction as they poured themselves over the landscape. "The forest..." The voice guided me. I knew that's where I needed to be. As I weaved in and out of towering pines and oaks my horse effortlessly shifted it's posture and weight to counter-balance me. This truly was an amazing animal. It's ability to read me was nothing short of astounding. I glanced over my shoulder to see the dark rabble forging a path through the forest albeit not with the speed and agility the white horse possessed. I saw a clearing up a hill with sunlight peeking through and headed for it at full speed. The dark stallions increased their pace matching mine with only seconds between us now.


Then I saw it... the chasm. A giant split in the hillside with no end. "Do not fear child..." I heard the voice reassuringly say so I shifted my gaze to the sunlit fields across the divide. The world again faded it's colour and this time even sound was bent to a still whisper. Effortlessly the white horse sailed the unseen torrents of the wind and in perfect balance landed the other side totally un-phased. I looked back and saw the dark horses stamping and breathing out disgust, hatred and malice at their inability to cross the ravine. Now standing in the field atop the majestic stallion the voice of God asked me "So what did you learn My child...?" I learned to trust your peace God. That despite appearances peace is greater than chaos and that God will always make a way.

[ Isaiah 54:10 - Though the mountains be shaken and the hills be removed, yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken nor my covenant of peace be removed," says the LORD, who has compassion on you. ] 

Need Prayer?