I've been on a bit of a journey the past few weeks. A journey that's revisited some of the most painful experiences of my life. Not really a journey I wanted to take or one that anyone else would sign up for but now I understand God's purpose in it. You see, He has a plan in everything and has the ability to use everything for our good. It displays His sovereignty over all things - even in chaos. So... This journey has come to a conclusion. I was woken up at 3 am New Years Day and knew I wasn't going to be getting back to sleep because there was a question that needed to be answered. On my phone I have 3 daily Bible verses that I look at every single day the very first thing when I open my eyes in the morning expectantly wanting to hear from God. They are three completely different apps and always three completely different verses... But not today. The first one I looked at really hit me. It was exactly the answer I needed. I checked the second verse and today it's the same as the first. So then lastly I checked the third and... well it different than the others. But then I realized it was displaying yesterdays verse so I hit refresh.

That's right. The third verse was exactly the same. Take what you want from that but I knew in my heart exactly what it meant. Now the question at the end of my journey was this... "Mark, what is the answer to pain?" I knew the answer immediately because of what God's done for me in my life so many times before. It was simple. The answer to pain is... Love. The answer has and always will be Love. It was love that rescued me from all the pain of my life but somehow I'd got lost and overwhelmed in the pain again and forget the way out. The way out isn't a person, it isn't a drug, it isn't money, it isn't sex. The way out isn't down here. The answer is inside you. In your heart. The answer is Love because you are loved by God for who you really are - not what you've done or whats happened to you. It's Gods love that saves us from our pain. Thankyou God for hearing me and helping me out of my pain yet again. Oh and that verse is below. Happy New Year. God loves you.

[ Isaiah 43:19 - Behold, I am doing a new thing; now it springs forth, do you not perceive it? I will make a way in the wilderness and rivers in the desert. ] 

Need Prayer?