Lord, I bring before you my sacrifice...

It's not the best of me... It's not my wealth... It's not my talents... It's not my accomplishments...

I bring before you the thing I guard the most. The thing that is hidden from others but not from you...

I pile up today on the altar of sacrifice all my failure.

All my vain, selfish ambition. All my useless self serving accomplishments. All my failed ventures that I attempted on my own.

I pile them up. Higher and higher the mountain grows until it hides the sun itself.

Then I drench the heap with my bitter tears of vain dissapointment. All my sorrow through self justification and pride I pour on it from top to bottom until it runs into puddles around the sides.

Now, the sacrifice is ready. There is only one thing left for it to be complete...

Fire from God.

And so, as the ancient prophet called on your Name, I too call on the Name of the Most High God to send Holy fire from above.

Send your consuming fire upon my sacrifice so that I can see it burn to a crisp under the sheer magnitude of your power.

I do not fear your purging blaze for I know it heals, cleans and makes pure. It consumes all that is not meant to be.

So, let it burn. Burn until there is nothing left at all but ashes.

For there is only One God that can create beauty from ashes and only One God that can bring life from the dust itself.

Use me. I am at your bidding Lord. 

Need Prayer?