hey guys, can I share something with you? I'll be honest in saying I'm not perfect. To even insinuate that is such a joke. I have so many flaws its not funny - I've just learned to hide them from others and even from myself. After all, no one puts up horrible pictures of themselves on facebook and instagram - we put our best stuff out there. Well, what I wanna say is this. When we live in such a money driven world - I so easily fall into the trap of being materialistic and unthankful for all the things and the life God has given me. He has honestly given me so, so much. Far more than I ever deserve and He even helps me when I stuff things up. Which believe it or not is quite often. Is my faith in Him perfect...? No way. It's puny and tiny. I'm just glad He loves me and has patience with me. I remember a few years ago I was meeting a few guys to skate in the city skate park. You see before that I used to skate alone a lot in empty parks in the suburbs and was pretty happy just rolling around and with the few tricks I could do. I'd often find that I'd really meet God when I'd be there and He'd speak and teach me so much. I also learned how to have fun skateboarding for what it was and not for all the competitive hype that often comes with it. Just raw skateboarding. Straight up.


Well, after hanging around some "really good" skaters at this city park I ended up starting to feel like I was complete rubbish at skateboarding. You see, these guys were popping treflips and hardfips in their sleep - tricks I could only hope to nail. Truth be told though, these guys were pretty nasty womanising dope-smoking law breaking types who treated each other pretty darn rough but for some reason I got caught in the whole competitive materialistic side of skateboarding just by being there. It's funny how God works though. One day a new guy rocked up and I have to say he was the most remarkable skater I've ever seen. He rolled into the park, popped a kickflip then sat down in the shade. What really hit me wasn't his skate style or his tricks... it was the fact that he had no hands at all. You see, this guy was born deformed yet he didn't let even that stop him. One of his eyes was sunken in his face and I'm sure he probably didn't think he was hot stuff but I have to say that just seeing him skate at all hit me like a 50 carriage freight train at how unthankful I had become in such a short time. It also made me feel really sorry for getting caught in the hype of it all and not just being thankful for just being able to be free to skate. One day I'll share with you why I skate. Put simply it was a gift from God to me. A reawakening but that's for another time. Be careful not to lose perspective and become unthankful like I did guys, it's so easy to have your vision dazzled by the bright lights and all the hype but at the end of the day life itself is such an immense gift. God loves you.   

Need Prayer?