Call me weird or whatevs but I'm gonna use skateboarding as a way of explaining Faith. You see, when I first started skating several years ago I was awful. And I'm not just saying awful as in "OK... but not great" I'm talking AWFUL as in faceplant, lose skin and ruin good clothes just about every time I visited the skatepark. I even had kids there tell me I should find another sport. Thing is, God gave me skateboarding as a gift when I suffered really bad with depression. I weighed almost 20kg heavier back then and was as pasty white as wallpaper from doing nothing but watching bad movies, bad TV and playing violent xbox games all day. Skateboarding was God's way of saying "You were made for much more..." Looking at me back then I would have strongly disagreed with Him.. but He was right. Over the next year or so He did some MAJOR renovations to me which turned my life completely upside down. Major "excavations" is probably a better description because it was a case of getting rid of a whole lot of stuff that was bad for me in a very short time period. Why am I saying this? Well, I was pretty convinced that the fat, lazy, unmotivated, addicted and depressed guy I was back then was all I was ever going to be. Thankfully I was so wrong. Faith is a journey. It's an adventure where you learn, grow and change. Don't worry if you don't look anything like what you think you "need to be" to get things happening. God has a habit of unlocking hidden things and bringing them out to the light. After all, He is the God that makes all things new. So step out in Faith - because God loves you and He's got this.

Need Prayer?