Ok, so I'm gonna shoot this out there pretty straight ok. Jesus was the most positive person that ever walked this planet. I'll prove that in a bit. As followers of Christ we are asked to imitate Him and His behavior so naturally that should make us as Christians the most positive group of individuals down here on earth. Sadly, the truth is I don't come across a whole lot of really positive Christians these days and I started observing and asking God why that was. God made it really simple and clear to me. There are many people that call themselves Christians - maybe because their parents are, maybe because they grew up in church, maybe because they went to a Christian school, maybe they consider themselves to live in a Christian country. The truth is this... parking a rusty old Volkswagen beetle in a Ferrari showroom certainly doesn't make it a Ferrari. In fact, it most likely will detract from the other Ferrari's there for sale. I'm pretty sure people coming to buy a Ferrari don't wanna check out the stinky vinyl seats from an old volksy do they. I know that's a pretty extreme example but it's not that far off the truth really. My point being why say you're a Christian if you're not going to be like Jesus?  Pretty pointless isn't it. Think about it for a bit...

So back to Jesus. Think on this for a bit. Jesus is sent to earth as a baby, He grows up in a loving family, works with His dad learning the trade of carpentry and in His teenage years starts to discover His destiny. Awesome hey? And do you know what the sum total of His destiny was? To die for us. Yep. To die. Not really a big celebration of positivity hey. But take a look at Jesus life from His teenage years onward to the age He died. Did you see Him moaning about no one understanding His plight? Nope. Did you see Him having a pity party and leaning on substances, relationships or anything else down here on earth to get by? Nope. Did you see Him regularly lose it and lash out at His followers or the crowds telling them He needed "Me time" then giving the excuse "I've got a lot on my plate...". Never. You know what He did do? He chose to help and serve others despite His pain, His suffering and the road of horrible death ahead of Him knowing full well all along how it was all going to play out.

Now, I'm going to quote some of Jesus most powerful phrases now and keep in mind what He had ahead of Him when He said these things. "All things are possible to them that believe". "I came to give life and life more abundant". "I am the way the truth and the life". "I will never leave you or abandon you". "Anything you ask of my Father in my Name will be done". "Say to this mountain, get up and land in the ocean and it will happen". "If two of you agree praying in my Name, it will be done of my Father in Heaven". "I am the resurrection and the life, anyone who believes in me will not die". Pretty off the scale positive hey. Yeah! Not to compare religions out there but there isn't another that spoke like Him or did what Jesus did. And think about this... while He's hanging there on the cross, dying for our sins as the promised messiah and payment for OUR crimes He's still doing what He does best - saving lives. The thief next time Him asks for forgiveness and is given a home in Heaven. Seriously, what a King. There's no other word for it apart from King. That's the sort of thing a King does. A real King. The King of all Kings. So, in light of Jesus being that and He being the one we are meant to follow and imitate then naturally we should be looking, sounding and behaving like Him. Being positive like Him despite what we face.

Yes, it's true none of us are Jesus but there's one final statement Jesus said I was saving till now for this very reason. Jesus said "You will do even greater things than me because I am going to my Father and sending the Holy Spirit to you". I'll finish off with this... Jesus never promised you riches down here, He never promised you popularity, He never promised you an easy life either. In fact, He told us not to chase those things because they are futile and deceptive. What He did promise was this... LIFE. I nearly lost mine and got a second chance because Jesus reached down in His mercy and gave me a hand up in my darkest hour. He opened my eyes and showed me the true meaning of life. It's not money, its not sex, its not possessions, its not fame, its not power... It's Him. I found the life I always wanted when the old me died and the real me came to life following Him. And here's the kicker... Now that I know what I know and that I've found Him, nothing, I mean NOTHING can ever come against or take that away. Honestly, how could anything in Heaven, Hell or Earth ever even assault the fact that the Creator of EVERYTHING loves me, saved me and guides me every single day into eternity. There aint nothing that can even touch that! Oh Yeah!!

So that's why I'm positive. That's why I'm a light. That's why I can speak boldly and without apology. That's why I'm loud. That's why I live life in reckless abandon. That's why I sing and write music. That's why I skate. That's why I love people. That's why I smile and that's the very reason you're reading this right now. That's why I am who I am. Not because of what I do or what I have... but because I have hope. My hope has a name and His Name is JESUS. So who's gonna give a YEAH GOD for the One who saves and gives true life? The very reason Jesus was so positive in spite of everything He faced was His faith in God and the fact that He KNEW at all times He was loved by His Father. Jesus wants us to live exactly like that, just like He did... Knowing we are ALWAYS loved by God. Stay awesome guys because our Jesus really is just that awesome!


Need Prayer?