Sometimes the state of this world really gets me down... I see the rich getting richer through greed and corruption while the poor, hurting and forgotten slowly die in the dark corners of our society unattended, chained and lost. I see more and more gigantic monuments to man's ambition being constructed and erected in the so called 'Name of God' when Jesus never told us to build more grand temples like Solomon did - instead the Master who had not an earthy possession to His Name simply taught us to give to those in need. We would do well to learn from Solomons wisdom. He gained everything this world had to offer in lavish excess... Money, Power, Women - the lot. Yet in the process he lost his heart for God and brought destruction, death, war and misery for all the generations that followed him. When I look around at this dark world and see all its pain, loneliness, fear, greed and corruption does it make me want to give up? Absolutely not.

It only highlights the absolutely undeniable fact that this world desperately needs saving. The broken need a Saviour and He has a Name. He hasn't lost one drop of power in His blood since that day He died for the whole world and rose again three days later to establish the freedom and destination forever for all who believe in Him. There is only one way to the Father, there is only one way to Heaven, there is only one way to true peace, freedom and redemption. There is and always will be only one way to be saved... And His Name is Jesus. He said "I came to cast fire on the earth and I wish it was already burning...". So Jesus... Ignite the embers in our hearts... Make us into the bright burning beacons of your hope, your truth and your love for this dark and dying world. I believe in you Jesus. I believe this world can be saved. But we can't do anything without you... So send your fire. Here I am Lord... Breathe and awaken the inferno of the living God inside me. It's time this world saw your true power again. The power of redemption!  

Need Prayer?