Home now and totally wrecked after driving over 3200kms in under 3 days but it was so, so worth it. I got to talk to and say goodbye to a truly amazing man who means a lot to me and so do the words from his heart. He's 85 years old and knows he's going to die very soon but behind him he leaves such a legacy of selfless love from the heart of God. So many lives have been touched by this man and his heart to invite in the broken, lost and hurting and to guide them to the hope and life that Jesus brings. He was never flashy or loud but wow - he sure knew how to work and how to reach people for God. The passion for God in his heart drove him to serve in such a way that it was contagious to all around him. A true leader. Selfless, strong, caring, sure and always put God and others first. I pray that God will help me to grow to be even a fraction of what this man was in his lifetime. A heart so big for others and the kingdom of God. While lying in a hospital bed not even able to reach up get himself a drink - he prayed for me, gave me his blessing and shared with me invaluable wisdom that comes from a heart completely and totally at peace and in tune with God. He answered questions I didn't even ask or couldn't even form into questions by simply sharing some of his last words with me. So incredibly humbled to have known him. His wife died several years ago and he told me that when he opens his eyes the first person he plans to find up there is her - and I have no doubt he will. He quoted me to from the Bible that it says in Heaven there will be no marriage but he says as far as he's concerned it's just him and her forever and ever. Sad to see him go as this world will lose one of the real men - one who knew how to fight in passion for what's right and how to love equally as passionately God and others. A hero fades but his memory and legacy of love lives on strong. (Art drawn using coloured pencil by his daughter) 

Need Prayer?