Hey, so it's Monday morning here and it's a dreary, wet, cold winters day. I woke up feeling less than great after doing landscaping and moving 2 tonnes of roadbase on the weekend on top of having one of those really annoying colds that just wont seem to go away. Adding to that I've had a stack of stuff on my mind and haven't been getting great sleep. So I dragged myself out of bed to get to work feeling pretty lifeless and started praying while I was driving asking God to help me restore my focus and give me the strength to get through today. While I was praying this song came on my car stereo "Lights of Day - Shine like the Morning"... Now you might have already picked up that I'm a skater and obviously grew up in the 90's so that makes me a huge sucker for anything with a techno beat, electric guitar and loads of synth - but more importantly anything that's gonna make some noise for my King Jesus. Well this song had it in spades and needless to say that song got cranked so loud all the mirrors in the car were buzzing like it was a level 5 earthquake.


At first I didn't feel like singing along but I learnt a long time ago it's not about how you feel - it's about Jesus - so I was screaming out lines like a rockstar for my King in no time. Why am I saying this? Because in the Bible in Acts 16 two guys called Paul and Silas were locked up in a prison and they too were feeling pretty sorry for themselves and the circumstances around them. But instead of sitting there moping in silence they started to raise their voice and sing about God and who He is. These guys didn't need a subwoofer to shake the room because God sent an actual earthquake that split open the entire prison resulting in a hardened jail keeper and his entire family coming to know God and His love. Can I encourage you that if today looks bleak - don't look at the storm clouds, look at the Master of the Storms. Look to Jesus and make some noise! It doesn't matter if it sounds pitch perfect or is even on time - just start making some noise for the King and things will change. King David also knew this and was given a gift of the Holy Spirit to change atmospheres with the music he played.


Here's the cool part, that same Spirit was poured out on all flesh because of what Jesus did for us. We have that same Holy Spirit full of the power of God! So if that's you today and that's not something you'd normally do -  can I encourage you to look up the song mentioned above on YouTube -  crank that volume to 11 and make some noise for the King. Make those speakers beg for mercy and get that bass to punch like a sledgehammer. Dance if you can, hey... dance even if you think you can't dance. Why? Because Jesus is worth it. Jesus is greater than your problems, your sadness, your pain and your loneliness. So make some noise - not for you, not for those around you... All for Him! Take the limiters off and let it all go because He's worth it - and watch and see your prison get shattered to pieces in the bright light of His Majesty. His Name is JESUS.


Need Prayer?