Lord, I can't walk the broad lifeless well-worn path of false religion that so many others blindly stumble along. I can't pretend like them to have arrived, to be cleaned up - and to now have it all together. I know I'm just that thief on the cross that never deserved your mercy - yet it was exactly what I needed to be made whole. You opened my eyes and now I know that all that self-righteous process and struggle was just a waste of my time and yours. Just another Tower of Babel in the desert of my emptiness. It was my heart all along that you wanted so desperately. Enough that you would even die for it. I can't pretend anymore... It must be real or nothing at all... And now that my eyes are opened I also can't stray and follow the crowds in rebellion to your ways calling it "my freedom" and abusing your good and faithful grace for me. I cannot betray the One who paid so much for me in blood, sweat and tears with my foolishness and pride. And so I must walk the narrow path... the uncharted road... and that's cool, I never fitted in their boxes and always preferred an adventure over repeated bland scenery. And so I gladly tread this unknown road before me. The way that others cannot see for it can only be walked by following your voice. So speak Lord, be my light in the darkness, lead me in the way I should go. Because I will not bow before another... and I will not follow another... Only you are the Truth. It was you that set me free. You alone had the power make make my brokenness whole. You alone could find me in the darkness and rescue me from all my tormentors. It's only you that I want. You are so much more than just an epitaph... you are my lifeblood, my parity... my plenitude. Lead me Lord...  

Need Prayer?