Hope Rewritten

When I was a hurting, confused and a very broken 14 year old boy she saw in me the man that God said I was... I had no ability to see it or believe it yet she could could see it clearly because God had opened her eyes. God used that girl to show me what true love is. Selfless love. Pure love. Love that seeks nothing for itself but only the good of others. I only saw myself as worthless, damaged, useless and with no future. The lies swirled in my head every minute of every day... "You are nothing but a product of a broken and shattered home... You have no hope... You will repeat the cycle of pain." One brother became my enemy and tried to take the very thing that I held most precious - the girl I loved - as his own. The other brother became a drug addict and a dealer and ended up facing jail on criminal charges for armed robbery. Home became a place that was no longer safe to live with even my own mother turning on me and absolutely no relationship with my father since my parents divorced when I was 4 years old. Hostility, aggression, manipulation, deception, witchcraft, pride and fear reigned and still does in their lives to this day.

But God had a plan... It took time but He never gave up on me. Abuse is all I have known from family but God revealed Himself to me as "The Father to the Fatherless" as it says in Psalm 68:5. He broke all the lies that were said over me and rewrote me with love, value, dignity and honour. He opened my eyes and brought light where there was so much darkness. He is the reason I am alive today. He saved me from suicide, depression, addictions and so much more. He is the single reason I am who I am. Today by His grace I stand as a husband of 14 years and a father of three sons raising them to know the God that loved and saved me from my sins and the darkness of this world. By His power I will not repeat the cycle of my ancestors, instead I will be what He says I am. A husband and a father. There is always hope. You don't have to repeat the cycle either despite what has happened to you. God can help you just like He helped me. Call out to Him. He will hear and be exactly what you need Him to be. God loves you.


Need Prayer?