Simple Wisdom

I was putting my kids to bed tonight and God put it on my heart to read them this verse. I get these daily bible verses on my phone every day and usually wake up and read them first thing in the morning - not out of religious repetition but out of a relationship with God and in an expectation of Him talking to me from it and teaching me something new. The Bible says in the proverbs "A wise man will increase in learning..." so the day you stop learning from God - you also stop being wise. So I read the verse out loud to them tonight and then asked my kids if they knew what it meant. My oldest boy says "No one has fully seen, heard or imagined heaven with God". The funny thing is that when I read this verse myself I mostly had an earthly view of it - not that reading it that way was wrong as God does promise us a lot of amazing things in the life we walk down here. He promises His presence that will never leave us, He promises healing for our hearts and our diseases, He promises provision of our needs, He promises the gift of the Holy Spirit to live inside all who believe in Jesus and so, so much more. But the way my little boy understood it is far more powerful than any earthly view. He was given wisdom straight from God to see the direct eternal perspective of what God promises in this verse. This world and all we see will one day be gone but the Kingdom God has built and prepared for us will last forever and ever. No one can possibly ever dream or imagine how good it really is going to be in Heaven with God until we get there. But that's just it - we walk by faith not by sight. It's amazing how God can gift such young children with the very simple yet profound wisdom He gives to teach an old fool like me another way to view His goodness, faithfulness and His promises. I hope this encourages you too. Have an awesome night. God loves you.  


Need Prayer?